Built on the work of the Training and Development Agency’s former regional CPD network and written with advice and guidance from our expert Advisory Group, our CPD quality framework looks at the following six areas:
- Leadership and culture
- Focus on Learning and Pedagogy
- Evaluation of impact
- Support and challenge
- Processes, systems and resourcing
- Research, innovation and evidence
There is significant emphasis on the quality of the research, evidence and evaluation methods that are used, and the framework is underpinned by a vision of staff members leading their own professional learning.
Standards in a number of areas are deliberately high and we would expect the majority of members of the network to be working towards the Bronze level when they first join.
The audit has three elements:
- A self-evaluation form completed by the leadership team
- An online, whole-staff survey to examine attitudes and experiences on the ground
- An assessment visit from another member organisation with a series of interviews and discussions to help you understand your strengths and areas for development and to tease out differences between senior leaders’ views and those of staff members.
- The assessment visit is carried out by a representative from another member organisation who has received training in the audit process. Each member commits to carrying out two peer audits per year of membership in order to help them reflect on their own practice and form mutually beneficial relationships.